The Proxim saddles line powered by Prologo, specifically for all-mountain, gravity disciplines and e-mtb's, expands with a new ergonomic and ultra-light model designed for light e-bikes and riders seeking maximum performance.
Proxim is the line of saddles powered by Prologo created in collaboration with the University Politecnico di Milano and perfected through feedback from the champions of the 6 Enduro and Downhill teams supported by Prologo: the GT Continental Factory Racing with Wyn Master, the Continental Atherton MTB Race Team of the Atherton brothers, the Italian E=BR1 Squadra Corse team of Bruno Zanchi, and the Lapierre Zip Collective and Lapierre Overvolt teams with living legend Nicolas Vouilloz, one of the first trusted testers whose maniacal attention has supported and inspired Prologo's technical department.
To best meet the needs of all riders, looking for maximum performance in competition or maximum comfort during off-road rides, the Proxim line features two categories of products, with distinctive features based on the purpose of use:
- Proxim Performance: high-performance saddles with compact dimensions and technical solutions more oriented to competitions and gravity disciplines, from All-Mountain to Enduro and Downhill.
- Proxim Sport: wider saddles with increased padding, more devoted to comfort and ideal for mounting on e-bikes and e-mtb’s.
The new Proxim W850 is at the high end of the Performance category, aiming to satisfy performance-conscious riders looking for ever lighter bikes, but without having to sacrifice components strength and durability.
W850 the lightest of the Proxim line and not only
Whether you seek maximum efficiency in off-road rides or want to reduce the bike's weight to improve handling and increase battery life in the case of light e-bikes, the new Proxim W850 is the ideal saddle to achieve these goals.
Two solutions were adopted to reduce the weight to just 155gr, effectively making the W850 the lightest model in the entire Proxim line and one of the lightest gravity/e-bike saddle on the market:
- Long-fiber carbon-reinforced base, a material that offers the right compromise between stiffness, shock resistance and vibration absorption, even on the roughest terrain.
- Rail Nack (Nano Carbon Fiber), Prologo’s oversized rail (Ø 7x9,3 mm) adopted on all top-of-the-line saddles, made of carbon fiber, Kevlar and aluminum filaments. it represents the right mix of materials to offer maximum rigidity, good strength and weight saving.
Ergonomic shape and compact size, for maximum performance
The Proxim W850 is inspired by the ergonomic V-shape of the Prologo Dimension, a saddle already widely used and appreciated in all cycling disciplines, road and off-road.
The compact dimensions of 245x143 mm combined with the semi-round shape facilitate a more aggressive saddle position, to maximize pedaling efficiency.
The anatomical center of the saddle, more advanced compared to traditional models, provides a larger support surface for the ischial bones, increasing rider stability even on the roughest terrain.
Maximum comfort, even off-road
Lightness and performance however are not the only distinctive features of the Proxim W850, comfort is also a key parameter in all off-road disciplines. To ensure the comfort of the new saddle as well, several technical solutions already used in the high-end Prologo and Proxim models have been adopted:
- MSS - Multi Sector System different mapped and separated saddle areas, each made with different interactive EVA foams: softer and more comfortable at the front, where the soft tissues rest, stiffer at the rear to give more support and stability to the ischial bones.
- PAS (Perineal Area System) the central relief channel that eliminates contact points in the prostate-genital area, reducing pressure spikes and eliminating pain even after many hours in the saddle.
- Grip Cover at the rear of the saddle to increase grip and help maintain a correct position in the saddle even in wet conditions, but without hindering out-of-saddle rides.